Friday, August 14, 2009

Ruler

DISTANCE

Mary Edeza D. De Leon
August 13, 2009


18 inches is the distance
between a man's heart and brain.
But it seems very far
as I try to feel through my brain
and think through my heart.
My mind fell short
of its expected function,
to command and to react
beyond the circumstances,
to feel straight, rational
and logical, knowing
what's right or wrong everytime.
My heart failed to portray
its given role.
To respond and think selflessly.
Intuition and gut-feel
over perception and theories.
Thinking while pumping blood
without the help of neurons,
receptors and nerves.
It's just one of the things I couldn't control,
change, modify or move.
Because though it seems
that they're just a foot and a half
away from each other
and change seems achievable.
You can't love through your brain,
you can't calculate through your heart.
As you can't eat through your orifice
and excrete through your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment