Saturday, September 19, 2009

Muse

Maningning
Mary Edeza D. De Leon
September 19, 2009

There’s no such thing as accidents.
Those are incidents that happen for a reason.
It’s an answer to the questions
That constantly haunts and hunts us.
An answer we could never find
Because it finds us first,
It always does.

It was not by accident
That I found Maningning Miclat,
Or so I thought,
At the Anvil Publishing booth,
For I didn’t look for her-
She found me.
She recognized me from afar,
Followed the trail of my scent,
Cologne and sweat mixed.
She waited for me to go back
Take her out of that box
And put her into my heart’s art.

It took me two rounds
At SMX to finally respond
To her enchanting,
Whispering, longing, voice
And she was right.
So I dived into her very soul,
Laughed and cried
For a reason I would never know.
If I had a pen & paper
At the very time
When she pursued my pulse,
I would write and never stopped
As I did at the poor keypad,
In the bus
Stuck in the traffic
Haunted by her

It’s the kind of haunting
I would surely love,
The kind of haunting I would
Take to bed at night
Earnestly wishing it’ll be there
When I woke up

No comments:

Post a Comment